Spouse Visa available for Filipino-Aussie Couples

Australian CoupleLove knows no boundaries. Indeed, literally, even geographical boundaries don’t matter anymore. According to statistical figures, there has been a tremendous increase in the number of Filipino interracial marriages. 92% of Filipino spouses married to foreign partners are women, thus, the remaining 8% are men. Also, according to these data, Australia is in third position when it comes to the distribution of Filipino interracial marriages, next to USA and Japan. These pressing situations, indeed, shows that racism is no longer observed in western parts of the globe and that skin color doesn’t matter when it comes to finding your better half.

That’s the reason why there is a noticeable increase in the number of applicants under Spouse Visa Category to Australia. Yet, up until now confusions still arise when it comes to determining the appropriate visa for a particular applicant. The Australian Embassy issues different kinds of Partner visas that will suit every applicant’s needs and purposes. Partner visas are granted to applicants who have already accomplished all the requirements imposed by the Australian Embassy. Under this Visa application, there are subcategories. It is very important to identify the right kind of visa for a certain applicant and sponsor.

SPOUSE VISA: SUB CLASS 309 OR 100

There are still a lot of factors to consider and a lot of legal papers to be validated to ensure that your marriage is legally accepted by the Australian Government. You’ll only be considered as a legal “spouse” of an Australian citizen if you’re already in a married status and your relationship as a couple is genuine and spontaneous.

DE-FACTO SPOUSE VISA (SAME-SEX RELATIONSHIP IS INCLUDED)

Both of subclass 802 and 309 visas are for applicants who are in Australia during the time of application. To qualify for a Partner Visa in terms of a de facto relationship, you and your spouse must be in legal age (18 years old and above) and stayed in the relationship for a minimum period of 12 months or 1 year before you submit your partner visa application.

Although there are a lot of private companies offering immigration advices, assistance and services, the Australian government is still in authority in granting the visa you applied for. That’s why even though you are already married to an Australian citizen; it is still not advisable to book early for an airline ticket. No one is ever assured to be granted a visa; don’t buy tickets unless you have already received your spouse visa.

FOLLOW US ON

traveling